Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Greek Chocolate Pudding and $5 Wine

When it rains, it pours. So even though it is gorgeous outside (it might have hit 40'.. fahrenheit!), I've been trying to avoid a breakdown. I'm only a few weeks away from graduating with my undergrad, so school is piling up. On my way to class today I realized I had completely forgotten about an assignment and by that time had no time to finish it. Later on I went to the luxury gym with the boy (free guest passes) and was looking forward to a run, that kept getting interrupted by scheduling conflicts for my research class. I guess it wasn't warm enough in my car either to keep my water bottle from freezing, so I could hardly drink water during my run too. I started to think about all I have left to do, and had a mini breakdown there at the gym. I decided to skip the spa part of the gym and just go home. I got into my car, prepared for another mini breakdown, when I found a ticket on my windshield. Ninety dollars for expired plates. And they were seven months expired. Whoops. I drove to the private DMV real quick to get the plates updated. When the guy told me it was going to cost $190 I almost asked if he was joking. (Can you tell I've never paid for that before?)

$5 Cabernet Sauvignon

All I wanted was a bear hug, but I was on my way home already. So I stopped at the sketchy liquor store near my apartment and was relieved to find a wine on sale for $5. It's not that bad either. I reheated my quinoa dish, added large amounts of parmesan and had a yummy dinner.

Wine and chocolate are really all a girl needs sometimes, so I made up my new favorite guilt free dessert. Greek yogurt, Ovaltine mix and Nutella. I did this yesterday while trying to use up the last of my previous greek yogurt. Tonight I added some sea salt. I'm just going to stop calling it yogurt, and just call it pudding. Or mousse. Or souffle. Because it deserves a name more worthy than yogurt.


Two of my Favorite Chocolate Sources
Want to make it yourself? Here's how:

Take a few big spoons of nonfat greek yogurt

Then take your oh-so-favorite Ovaltine (I'm sure Nesquick would be adequate..)

And a glob of Nutella

Mix it all together.

Add some sea salt.

Mix some more.

Sit on the couch and drink wine and watch Downton Abbey.



I just made it in my little pyrex dish, and used the same spoon to mix it as I did to get the greek yogurt out. I'm pretty proud of this, it tastes great, and is super easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment